A Quick About and Questions...
Welcome to ‘At Our House’.
What does a home mean to you? At Our House, it means comfort, relaxation and feeling completely at peace with your environment. A safe haven created for you and your loved ones, where a soft flickering candle creates an essence of tranquillity. We found that ambiance for ourselves, and want to share it with you!
Founded by Brad and James, two passionate people who fell in love with making candles which soon turned into a brand. Watching the look of enjoyment when our friends and family smelt our candles, we set out with the aim of ethically crafting small batches of affordable candles and diffusers that provide fresh fragrances. We use fragrance oils, consisting of natural ingredients perfect for homes, offices or boutique outlets.
Step into a space of long lasting, aromatic and unique smelling scents. At Our House, we help you create the place where you feel that you belong.
With a diverse range of fragrant essences to choose from, find the compatible aroma that matches your personality. Sophistication yet simplicity. Mature yet Fun. Our candles will make you feel enveloped in flourishes of colour, comfort and support.
Leave your worries at the door, welcome to your new home.
Quick questions and answers…
Question: Do you use essential oils in your candles and diffusers?
Answer: We use fragrance oils, which can consist of natural ingredients (essential) and/or synthetic ingredients. Using the mix blends better with the wax, helping to throw the fragrance further and more consistently, and also provides a more stable wax.
Question: Do your wicks contain any lead?
Answer: The wicks that we use are cotton wicks, which are free from heavy metals such as lead. They are made from all-natural, cotton fibres; however, some will also include additional fibres (for example paper fibres) or treatments to help produce different attributes (for example rigidity of the material). The wicks we use have a softer burn, which is good for our natural soy wax, and do curl slightly as they burn.
Question: Do the fragrances you use follow any standards?
Answer: The fragrances we use are made to International Fragrance Research Association (IFRA) standards (so they are safe) and are phthalate free. They also don’t contain any ingredients that are animal derived (just like our wax!)
Candle Care Tips
Following are some general candle care tips to help you create that perfect relaxation zone:
- burn your candle up to 3-4 hours at any time, then let it rest
- ensure your wick is trimmed to 5mm above the wax before burning
- ensure you place your candle on a heat-proof surface
- keep lit candles away from draughts, ceiling fans and any air currents. Some situations can cause uneven burning, smoking, diminishing the scent throw and even decrease the burn time
- never leave a burning candle unattended and keep them 2-feet away from clothing, books, curtains or anything flammable
- for wooden wicks, when lighting burn across the top of the wick; if the wick promptly extinguishes, help it by melting a small pool of wax at the base of the wick; don’t worry about trimming!
Diffuser Care Tips
Following are some general diffuser care tips to help you create that perfect relaxation zone:
- upturn your reeds and give the bottle a slight swirl every month
- if you find the fragrance too strong, remove a few reeds and store separately in a glass or zip lock bag
- when your diffuser eventually runs out (they last forever!) get in touch with us for a refill!
If you have any questions on our products just click the Messenger icon at the bottom of your screen or contact us using the form below.